The Advantages of Baby Food PouchesJuly 13, 2016
Do You Have an Award Winning Packaging Design?July 19, 2016
Flexible food packaging bags have been embraced by most marketers, because of the many advantages that they offer over classic boxes, jars, and cans. When looking for packaging that would produce less waste, claim less space on overburdened store shelves, and that would provide designers with a lot of creative leeway, plastic pouches were an epiphany.
- Easy to Store We’ve mentioned in previous blog posts that stand up pouches are a perfect fit for stores seeking products that are easy to display. Streamline designs allow them to be easily stacked on small shelves, but the ability to include hanger holes also makes food bags accommodating to the store managers.
- Lots of Space for Design Cardboard boxes are okay, because there are six sides that allow for design space, but they must be flipped to many different angles, in order for that content to be consumed. Cans and jars have notoriously small labels, which is often claimed, in large part, by the nutrition facts and other such material. That leaves little room for designers to create eye appealing imagery. Food packaging bags, though, can be completely covered with those creative designs. There is plenty of space to be covered with imagery, and the bag doesn’t have to be twisted and turned in order for it all to be seen.
- Customizable Even the shape, size, and special features of food pouches can be customized to best suit the product contained within.
- Reseal Capabilities Most consumers love plastic pouches because they can be resealed, and that means that the food within stays good longer. It also means that the pouches can be carried in bags, purses or totes for snacks on the go, without concerns of spills.
- Stand Up, No Spill Speaking of spills, the relatively new stand up pouches are even better because they can stand on a shelf, counter, or in the fridge without tipping over. It is convenient, but it also means less risk of unintentional spills.